Saturday, May 2, 2020

A Change In Direction

Starting today, I will update this blog on a regular basis.  I will use this blog as an exploration of the fundamental properties of primes as well as an attempt to generalize ideas.

If the past is any indication, my attempts will usually reflect a misunderstanding of a fundamental or a mistake in one step of my argument.  So, when I make my attempts, I will make sure to provide a thorough explanation of the mistakes that I made.

I will organize the blog posts as an attempt at a book.  So, as the blog proceeds, I will re-edit previous blog posts in the attempt to create a consistent narrative.  So, in theory, a person could start on the first blog post and proceed from there or start on what will become the table of contents and jump from there into any topic of interest.

I will start with very elementary ideas.  This will be a very personal journey.  So, I will proceed from the elementary ideas based on my interests and my attempt to generalize standard results.

I hope that others will find this interesting.  I warn everyone that while I am a serious amateur, I will make mistakes.  These blog posts will be primarily interesting to other amateurs.  For serious math students, I strongly recommend going to the blogs of professional mathematicians such as Terence Tao and Andrew Granville who are two of the most amazing writers and brilliant mathematicians.

Since I am an amateur, I will also make every effort to call out my sources and so that if my argument is unclear, it is possible to go to the source to find a professional explanation.

Most importantly, enjoy.  The journey is the purpose.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment